- IMPACT OF COMMERCIAL BANKS IN AGRICULTURAL FINANCING IN NIGERIA (A Case Study of First Bank Nigeria Plc.)
- THE PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF SMALL-SCALE INDUSTRIES IN NIGERIA
- NIGERIA AND ECOWAS: A HISTORICAL ASSESSMENT OF THE PROBLEMS OF PEACE KEEPING IN WEST AFRICA
- THE IMPACT OF CAPITAL MARKET FINANCING ON ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF NIGERIA
- PROBLEMS AND PROSPECT OF TEACHING OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS (A STUDY OF TWO SELECTED SECONDARY SHOOLS IN IFAKO-IJAIYE LOCAL GOVERNMENT UNDER EDUCATIONAL DISTRICT IV OF LAGOS STATE)
- PROBLEMS AND PROSPECT OF TEACHING OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS (A CASE STUDY OF TWO SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN IFAKO-IJAIYE LOCAL GOVERNMENT UNDER EDUCATIONAL DISTRICT IV OF LAGOS STATE)
- PROBLEMS AND PROSPECT OF TEACHING OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS (A CASE STUDY OF TWO SELECTED SECONDARY SHOOLS IN IFAKO-IJAIYE LOCAL GOVERNMENT UNDER EDUCATIONAL DISTRICT IV OF LAGOS STATE)
- PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF SMALL-SCALE INDUSTRIES IN NIGERIA
- THE PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF DISTRIBUTING PAINTS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF BERGER PAINT NIGERIA PLC)
- THE EFFECT OF COMMERCIAL BANKS IN AGRICULTURAL FINANCING IN NIGERIA (A Case Study of First Bank Nigeria Plc.)
AGRICULTURE FINANCING IN NIGERIA PROBLEMS AND PROSPECT
This project seeks to bring together existing state of knowledge and existing state of practice in agriculture sector new techniques have to be proven before they are adopted in the general practice.
Chapter one of this project will deal with the statement of problems rationale of study significance of study and definition of terms.
Chapter two will examine in details the related literature to the project.
Chapter three will deal with statement of hypotheses methodology of study and sources of data.
Chapter four will deal with presentation of data and analysis of data and also the discussion of results.
Chapter five will deal with summary conclusion and suggestion
Finally I hope that this project will be of benefit to agriculture sector the student of training and finance and other researchers in related topics.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Title page i
Approval page ii
Table of content vi
1.1 Statement of problem 1
1.2 Rationale of study 2
1.3 Significance of study 2
1.4 Definition of terms 3
LITERATURE REVIEW 4
2.1 An overview of the agriculture in Nigeria 4
2.2 The role of the agricultural section in the Nigeria economy 6
2.3 Problem of agriculture finance 7
2.4 Specialized financial institution in agricultural 9
2.5 Prospect of institution financing agriculture 12
Statement of Hypotheses Methodology of Study Source of Data 17
3.1 Statement of hypotheses 17
3.2 Methodology of study 17
3.3 Source of data 19
Data Presentation and Analysis of Data 23
4.1 Presentation of data 23
4.2 Analysis of data 26
Summary Conclusion and Suggestion 34
5.1 Summary 34
5.2 Conclusion 35
5.3 Suggestion 35
1.1 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM.
The problem of low productivity and lack of improvement in agriculture has been traced to various causal factors.
One of such course is the lack of adequate finance to the agriculture’s. They complain that they do not have enough fund to carry on with their activities. We want to investigate the reasons why these formers find it difficult to raise enough money to carry out their important work.
I will also investigate the ways of eliminating these problems. Several measures have been taken by the government to encourage agriculture financing in the country but they houses not yielded the necessary effect for they are established.
1.2 RATIONALE OF STUDY
The study seeks to examine the various roles of financing agriculture Nigeria.
Specifically. The reasons for the study are:
Managers of agriculture business will be able and also have a wide range of solution to deal with agricultural financing in rural development.
Agriculture is very important in man’s every day life particularly in providing food for individual providing revenue for formers and the agriculture sector generate a sizable point of the national income and can also contribute its quota to the success of the student in our institutions.
1.3 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
Findings from an authentic study of this nature are expected to contribute immensely to our educational and agricultural policies and prospect in West African.
It would also assist formers and business men who are opportune to read this research work in their business activities. That is it would bring about increase in exportation of farm product hereby make life conformable in Nigeria.
1.4 DEFINITION OF TERMS
This research topic has some very key words which call for treatment before anything else.
Agriculture: This is a sector of economic achinilyes which provide human with some of their needs. Or the science and practice of captivating the land and keeping animal for man’s use.
AUTHENTIC: Genuine know to be true
FINANCING: The management of money
PROSPECT: Way of soling problem
EXPORT: Selling goods to another country