- AN INVESTIGATION OF THE CAUSES OF STRIKE AND ITS EFFECT ON STUDENTS ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE
- STRIKE AND ITS EFFECTS ON ORGANIZATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS (A CASE STUDY OF HEALTH CARE PRODUCT NIGERIA LIMITED)
- THE STRATEGIES FOR QUALITY ASSURANCE IN THE ASSESSMENT OF STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN NIGERIA UNIVERSITIES
- INFLUENCE OF CHILD ABUSE ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN BARIGA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF LAGOS STATE, NIGERIA
- THE EFFECT OF BROKEN HOMES ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN NIGERIA
- EFFECT OF BROKEN HOMES ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN NIGERIA
- SURVEY OF DIVORCE AMONG WOMEN AND IT’S EFFECTS ON CHILDREN’S ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT
- A SURVEY OF WELFARE PACKAGES AVALIABLE TO EMPLOYEES OF THE NIGERIA RAILWAY CORPORTAION AND THE EFFECT ON THEIR PERFORMANCE.
- A SURVEY OF WELFARE PACKAGES AVALIABLE TO THE EMPLOYEES OF THE NIGERIA RAILWAY CORPORTAION AND THE EFFECT ON THEIR PERFORMANCE.
- ROLE OF MARKETING RESEARCH IN THE PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT OF A NEW PRODUCT (A SURVEY OF NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY PLC, BENIN CITY)
BIBLIOGRAPHIC SURVEY ON ACADEMIC STAFF UNION OF POLYTECHNIC (ASUP) STRIKE IN NIGERIA
This compilation on the (2011-2014) academic staff union of polytechnic (ASUP) strike was embarked by the compiler to enable the public most especially the comprisation of students, lecturers, working class personnel’s and other prestigious people in the country to have an insight about the various problems affecting the standard of education in our country.
This research work on the ASUP strike will serve as a guide and a pointer to the details of information available on the present reasons why strike was being taken upon or why it has always been used as the last resort to end educational problems both by the students and staffs. It will also serve as a reading list for consultation by students in higher institution of learning.
Also, it will be of good benefit to librarians, professionals, information scientists etc. in the acquisition of available information on the past and present ASUP strikes.
Down through the ages, education has always been at the force front of human existence, which entails that without education in this 21st century, its really going to be hard for the youths to make through for a better future.
According to Longman dictionary “ education” can be define as the process of teaching and learning usually at school, collage or university, polytechnics on its own is an edifice of teaching and learning.
Strike also was define as a situation whereby a groups of workers stop working for a period of time because they want a better pay or better working conditions. The 2011-2014 academic staff union of polytechnics (ASUP) strike was taken upon because the conditions which they expected the federal government to work on so as to enhance teaching in the various polytechnics in the country was overlooked and not paid attention to by the government.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
TITLE PAGE i
APPROVAL PAGE ii
TABLE OF CONTENT 9
BIBLIOGRAPHY ENTRIES 1
AUTHOR INDEX 5
CHRONOLOGICAL INDEX 6
SOURCE INDEX 7
SUBJECT INDEX 8
BREAKDOWN OF THE ASUP STRIKE
5. Direct Action.
DEFINITION OF BREAKDOWN
v Preparation/embarking: according to Longman dictionary, these two subjects can be used to ascertain/ talk about something starting now. It means starting something new for any reason.
v Appeal: oxford learner’s dictionary also defines an appeal as an urgent public request regarding a particular matter.
v Resolution: The dictionary stands firmly to define this as an act and behaviour of being resolution. Therefore, being resolute also is defined to mean being determined not to change what you are doing because you are sure that you are right.
v Violence: This can be define as an act of being violent in the oxford learners dictionary, being violent/an act of violence can be define as involving actions that are in tended to injure or kill people or are likely to hurt them too.
v Direction: This can be define as a way of taking or involving major steps and particular decisions either to enhance or effect the present situation being faced at hand.
1. Ademola. 2013. The ASUU, ASUP strike. Daily Sun. 9th July. P. 9.
2. Adesuole, Dayo, 2013. ASUP may resume strike, unless. Vanguard. 18th July. P.12.
3. Ojiego, Nnemdi. 2013. ASUP: is strike still the best option. Vanguard. 9th July. P.10.
4. Chukwuka, Chinedu. 2012. ASUP Strike: why has the press forsaken us? Daily Sun. 9th June. P.33.
5. Ekpunobi, Dom. 2011. Unizik alumni chairman appeals to striking poly lectures. Daily Sun. 8th June. P.48.
6. Onwudinso, Emeka. 2013. Stop paying lop service to polytechnic education ASUP tells FG. Daily Sun. 9th July. P.36.
7. Adesulu, Dayo. 2013. ASUP, ASUU strikes ground varsities polytechnics. Vanguard. 4th July. P.12.
8. Madukwe, Bartholomew. 2013. Strike: ASUP remains adamant says no going back on demands. Vanguard. 2nd July. P.11.
9. Ademola, Tayo. 2014. ASUP/ASUU arises: varsities turn ghost towns poly students fear fresh strike. Vanguard. 22nd August. P.10.
10. Adesulu, Dayo. 2012. Stike: Varsity, poly students protest in Lagos block roads. Vanguard. May 10th. P.40.
11. Arenyeka,Laju. 2013. ASUP Strike: Goodluck as protesting students storm Lagos road. Vanguard. July 10th. P.10.
12. Olatunji, David. 2014. Strike: Travelers stranded as poly students protest. Vanguard. 28th June. P.6.
13. Adesulu, Dayo. 2013. ASUP suspends strike. Vanguard. July 16th. P.12.
14. Adesulu, Dayo. 2014. ASUP exco meets on strike today. Vanguard. June 16th. P.10.
15. Adesulu, Dayo. 2013. Senator move to end 67 – day ASUP strike. Vanguard. July 8th. P.15.
16. Adesulu, Dayo. 2013. Senator wades into ASUP strike. Vanguard. 9th July. P.20.
17. Agbakwuru, Johnbosco. 2014. For not read to implement agreement ASUP. Vanguard. 19th June. P.41.
18. Ojiego, Nnamdi. 2012. ASUP Strike: Polytechnic Slam media over block out. Vanguard. 3rd June. P.6.
19. Okoro, Judex. 2013. ASUP suspends strike, ASUU adamant. Vanguard. 17th June. P.22.
20. SONI, Daniel. 2013. ASUP Strike: Arena youths ask education minister to resign. Vanguard. 26th July. P.16.
1. Admola Tayo 1,2
2. Adesulu Dayo 3,4,5,6,7,8,9
3. Agbakwuru, Johnbosco 10
4. Arenyeka Laju 11
5. Chukwuka Chinedu 12
6. Ekpunobi Dom 13
7. Madukwe Bartholomew 14
8. Ojiego Nnamdi 15,16
9. Okoro Judex 17
10. Olatuji David 18
11. Onuwdinjo Emeka 19
12. Soni Daniel 20
2011 – 2014 1, 2, 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10
1. Daily sun newspaper 1, 12, 13, 19
2. Vanguard newspaper 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10
Preparation/embarking 1, 2, 3
Appeal 4, 5, 6
Resolution 7, 8
Violence 9, 10, 11, 12
Direct action 13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20