- THE EFFECT OF BIRTH ORDER ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF THE ADOLESCENTS, IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN AJEROMI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF LAGOS STATE
- SOCIO-PSYCHOLOGICAL FACTORS OF HOME CONFLICT AS PREDICATORS OF ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN LAGOS STATE
- THE CENTRALITY OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION AND NATIONAL INTEGRATION: AN OVERVIEW OF IKEJA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF LAGOS STATE.
- A HISTORICAL ANALYSIS OF THE CULT OF AYELALA IN ILAJE ESE- ODO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ONDO STATE.
- A SURVEY OF PROBLEM AFFECTING THE IMPLEMENTATION OF SOCIAL STUDIES CURRICULUM IN SOME SELECTED JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL IN ALIMOSHO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF LAGOS STATE.
- EFFECT OF BIRTH ORDER ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF THE ADOLESCENTS, IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN AJEROMI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF LAGOS STATE
- EFFECTS OF TEACHERS’ EXPERIENCE IN THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS IN MATHEMATICS
- PIDGIN ENGLISH, EFFECTS AND DANGERS: A CASE OF THREE SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN LAGOS STATE.
- PROBLEMS AND PROSPECT OF TEACHING OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS (A STUDY OF TWO SELECTED SECONDARY SHOOLS IN IFAKO-IJAIYE LOCAL GOVERNMENT UNDER EDUCATIONAL DISTRICT IV OF LAGOS STATE)
- SOCIO-PSYCHOLOGICAL FACTORS OF HOME CONFLICT AS PREDICATORS OF ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN ALIMOSHO LAGOS STATE
BUDGETING FACTORS IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS: DETERMINANTS OF TEACHERS’ PERFORMANCE IN OSHODI/ISOLO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF LAGOS STATE.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Table of content vi
1.1 Historical Background Study 1-3
1.2 Statement of the problem 3-5
1.3 Significance of Study 5
1.4 Scope and Purpose of the Study 6
1.5 Hypothesis 6-7
1.6 Research Methodology 7-8
1.7 Limitation of the Study 7-8
1.8 Plan of the Study 8
1.9 Brief History of the case study 9-11
2.1 Definition of control 12-17
2.2 Objectives of Budgetary Control System 17
2.3 Review of Operational Definition 18-20
2.4 Budget Preparation 20-21
2.5 Government Budget Preparation 22
2.6 The Historical Setting of Budgeting 22-25
2.7 Method of Preparing Budget Estimate 25-26
2.8 Traditional or Incremental Budgeting Method 26-27
2.9 Zero Base Budgeting (ZBB] 27-30
2.10 Programme and performance Budgeting (PPB) 30-31
2.11 Planning Programmme Budgeting System (PPBS) 31-36
3.1 Introduction 37
3.2 Research Design 37-38
3.3 Types of Research Design 38-39
3.4 Data Collection Method 39-41
3.5 Advantages of Questionnaire 41
3.6 Questionnaire Design and Administration 41-42
3.7 Population 41-43
3.8 Reliability and Validity 43-46
3.9 Problems Encountered 46
3.10 Method of Data Analysis 46-47
4.1 Data Analysis and Interpretation 48
4.2 Analysis of Questionnaire 48-60
4.3 Testing of Hypothesis 61-68
SUMMARY, RECOMMENDATIONS AND CONCLUSION
5.1 Summary 69-73
5.2 Recommendations 73-76
5.3 Conclusion 76
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Educational Administrators have long been aware that budgeting it a useful exercise. Budgeting is a dynamic accounting tool at the disposal of management for the allocation of resources optimally in the midst of scarcity through effective planning, coordinating, and controlling the financial activities of a business. Budget now occupy a leading place among the tools of management. Madumere (2008) stated that budgets are operational instruments for allocation of resources in the economy and for transformation of the society in accordance with set goals. The education managers will like to know the share of public funds allocated to education in order to know exactly what financial inputs are at their disposal for planning and execution of programmes for the particular period concerned. This implies that without budget analysis decision-making in nay organization including education and other training grounds would be hampered.
As an instrument of change, education undergoes periodic reforms in the development of any nation. The prime movers of this reforms are the teachers who must be duely remunerated and promptly paid to induce them to put in their best.
Perrin (2009) assert that the world budget originated from the own French word “baguette” It was first used in England to describe the white leather bag or pouch that held the seal of the medieval court of Exchequers. Later the ministers bag containing his proposal for financing government expenditure became known as his budget; whenever he presents his proposal to the parliament he was said to "open his budget" this phrase was first-.used in 1733AD.
The role and importance of budget have assumed a new dimension in recent times both within the public private sectors of the economy. Budgeting is seen as a key mechanism in managing organizations especially the complex education system. The budget could be for annual or biannual period. The analysis would help to see the evaluation of the share to education over the stipulated period.
Education managers or planners and administrators of education, need knowledge of budget analysis to be able to perform their tasks efficiently. Specifically the budget shows how much of the state’s budget is allocated to education sector and sectors for the particular year 2011. It suffices to mention that Lagos State Government as at 2011 in its line item budget system released an intended expenditure of N52,000,000 (One Hundred Fifty Two Million Naira only for the running of each of its sit educational districts include the area under study. This represents 48% for the fiscal year as axpansitated in chapter two of this stud. One of the techniques widely employed in the analysis of the budget is the calaucaytion of the percentages of each them over the total budget. This gives the effect proportion of any item in question. It is o pediment for education planners to analyse budgets which are determinate of teachers perforce. This is because, it takes motivated teachers or workforce to optimally utilize the resources available to them.
It is against this backdrop that this study is aimed at examing every form of narrowly conceived budgeting system or those which are insensitively applied and therefore dysfunctional to educational system in Nigeria. Thus, this project research of a mind the budgeting system of the case study, Lagos education district Two coping of Oshodi/Isolo L.G.A and its environs.
1.2 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This research access budgeting factus determinants of teacher preference in public decay schools in Lagos State whether Nigeria is a ratio has benefited from its budgeting administration and to evaluate this development to effective school administration in which the teacher is the prime mover of the economy is below off.
The study therefore will be of benefit to the following:
1.3 DEFINITION OF TERMS
1. Budgeting: A comprehensive and coordinated plan, expression in financial terms for the operations and resources of an enterprise for some specific permot in the future.
2. Secondary Schools: This is the post primary and pre-tertiary level of formal education.
3. Control: A measure put in place to checkmate the execution of task.
4. Budget Committee: A body responsible for preparing the budget in a given organization.
5. Budget circle: A set of event occurring in the same sequence annually cumulating to an approved budget.
6. Educational Budget: This is an operational instrument for allocation of resources in the school system. For planning and execution of performance for the particular period concerned