- DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT OF AN E-BILLING SYSTEM
- THE DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF COMPUTERIZED E-LEARNING AND E- EDUCATION WEB-PORTAL
- DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A FILE SHARING APPLICATION FOR ANDROID
- DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A HOTEL RESERVATION SYSTEM
- DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF COMPUTERIZED PAYROLL SYSTEM (Case Study of Nigeria Bottling Company Plc ( NBC))
- DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF COOPERATIVE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ELECTRONIC BILLING SYSTEM
- DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF HOTEL MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM A Study of Hill-Top Hotel
- THE DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ONLINE BANKING SYSTEM
- DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ONLINE SHOPPING MALL
DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ONLINE MOVIES TICKET BOOKING AND RESERVATION SYSTEM
This project is aimed at developing an online ticket reservation system for Movies. The Ticket Reservation System is an Internet based application that can be accessed through the use of the internet and can be accessed by anyone who has a network connection. This application will automate the reservation of tickets. This online ticket reservation system provides a website where any user of internet can access it. The Movie hall should have at least multiplex with 3 screens and each screen has three different types of classes/seats. Only 50% of seats can be reserved online. User is required to login to the system and needs a bank credit card for booking the tickets. Tickets can be collected at the counter. Watching movies with family and friends in theatres is one of the best medium of entertainment and relaxation after the daily hectic schedule. But all this excitement vanishes after standing for hours on long queues to get tickets booked. The website provides complete information regarding current running movies on all the screens with details of show timings, available seats and fare charges for different classes. Seats can be reserved for different classes as well for same show and screen also. Ticket reservations are done using credit card and can be cancelled if needed. The online tickets reservation system is one of the best opportunities for those who do not have enough time to get their tickets reserved standing in long queues. People can book tickets online at any time of day or night. Our reservation system also provides option to cancel the tickets which are reserve previously.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
TITLE PAGE i
TABLE OF CONTENT vi
1.0 INTRODUCTION 1
1.1 OBJECTIVE OF THE PROJECT 2
1.2 PROBLEMS DEFINITION 3
1.3 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE PROJECT 4
1.4 SCOPE OF THE PROJECT 4
1.5 LIMITATIONS 5
1.6 DEFINITION OF TERMS 5
2.0 A BRIEF HISTORY OF MOVIES IN NIGERIA 7
2.1 REVIEW OF PAST PROJECT 12
2.2 REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE 13
2.3 HISTORY OF E-TICKET BOOKING 15
2.4 BRIEF HISTORY OF BLUE ROOF CINEMA OF LTV 16
3.0 OVERVIEW OF EXISTING SYSTEM 18
(LAGOS TELEVISION BLUE ROOD CINEMA)
3.1 BENEFITS OF EXISTING SYSTEM 18
3.2 PROBLEMS OF EXISTING SYSTEM 19
3.3 PROPOSED SOLUTIONS TO PROBLEMS 20
3.4 OVERVIEW OF PROPOSED SYSTEM 20
3.5 BENEFITS OF PROPOSED SYSTEM 22
3.6 DATABASE DESIGN 22
3.7 FUNCTIONAL COMPONENTS/PROCESS
DESIGN OF PROJECT 23
3.7.1 APPLICATION DESIGN AND ARCHITECTURE 25
3.7.2 DATA FLOW INPUT/OUTPUT DIAGRAMS 25
IMPLEMENTATION AND DOCUMENTATION
4.0 CHOICE OF PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE 29
4.1 SYSTEM CONVERSION 30
4.2 DOCUMENTATION & USER GUIDE 30
4.3 SYSTEM REQUIREMENT 32
5.0 SUMMARY, CONCLUSIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS 33
5.1 AREA FOR FURTHER IMPROVEMENT 33
5.2 CONCLUSION 34
5.3 RECOMMENDATION 34
APPENDIX A 36
APPENDIX B CODE 39
The online Electronic Ticket System (ETS) is a web-based system used in developed countries for booking seats by customers for concerts, movies and other social events requiring customers to show interest in up-coming social events. The customers can buy ticket online and cancel seat reservations at any suitable time which could be two days before the show to one hour before the show. To enhance the refund function, all the customer has to do is to register to become a member before buying tickets.
Staffs can use the system to add and delete data such as film description, time, and seat reservations among other things and this will update the webpage; the webpage is a dynamic page, changing according to the data input in the database. Also, staffs can check the statistic information from the system.
This project will produce an online ticket ordering system, showing the design, implementation and testing details of the system.
1.1 OBJECTIVE OF THE PROJECT
The main purpose of the online ticket booking system is to provide a simple and convenient way for the customers to buy movie ticket. It is an automated system which operates on the data input to the database; Staffs need not deal with the order receive through the system. In fact, there is similar system on the internet, but there is no refund method found in the existing system. This system is basically aimed at providing the customers the complete information of the currently running movie, according to which the customer can book the tickets and the refund facility provides more flexibility to the system. The goals of the system are:
1. To provide a convenient, anytime and anyplace ticket booking service for movie viewers
2. To minimize the numbers of staffs at ticket box.
3. To increase the profit margin of movie houses/galleria.
4. To promote a healthy use of internet through movies ticket booking on the internet
5. To reduce queue at ticket stands.
6. To obtain statistic information from the booking record for research purpose.
1.2 PROBLEM DEFINITION:
Ø Manual Process: Customers queue at box office to first check for currently playing movies before buying tickets which may take hours.
Ø New System
Here is a detail flow diagram about now playing movies and number of tickets available in a particular theatre for particular movie, movie details, ticket cost for registered users and queue awaiting sale of ticket through manual process such as booking through telephone or booking at designated box office.
1.3 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE PROJECT
The main significance of online ticket reservation system is to provide another way for the customer to book for movie. The Ticket Reservation System is an internet based application that can be accessed through the use of the internet and can be accessed by any one who has an internet connection. It is an automated system, where we will automate the reservation of tickets and enquiries about availability of tickets. After inserting the data to the database, staffs need not to worry about the orders received through the system and hence reduces the manual labour.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE PROJECT
The main scope of this project is to create room for reservation online and to enable customers choose the most desirable movie; It saves the customer’s time and labour. On the other hand, half of the tickets of the movie are provided for booking online while the remaining is for manual box office sale. This reduces the labour of staffs and the system can be accessed by anyone who has internet connection at any time of the day or night, thus providing customer’s comfort. And also plays a major role in promoting the multiplex and the movies.
1. Access to Ministry of Communication not granted.
2. Financial Resources: Due to financial constraint I was limited to some certain information because I will have to pay before accessing any private information from the communication department of the state.
1.6 DEFINITION of Term
1. Users – persons throughout the organizations who add, delete, modify data in the System. System – a collection of interrelated parts that comprises a single function.
2. Ticket – a paper or card on an item giving information as it owner, identity makers of price.
3. Database – they provide assessment of the information needs.
4. Place – district under an officer of the excise.
5. Pay – the process of payment for services
6. Booked – to acquire by paying an agreed price.
7. Login – to sign in through registered ID.
8. Administrator module:
The Administrator is maintaining the user Details, Movie details, Theatre details, and Check the No of seats available. .
9. User module
The user can first Registration in enter the Personal details, and User login and If you want to update personal Details and you and update. The user collects all information details.
10. Reservation module:
The Users will search for the movie, airline, hotel and then book the tickets online.