- DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT OF AN E-BILLING SYSTEM
- THE DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF COMPUTERIZED E-LEARNING AND E- EDUCATION WEB-PORTAL
- DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A FILE SHARING APPLICATION FOR ANDROID
- DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A HOTEL RESERVATION SYSTEM
- DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF COMPUTERIZED PAYROLL SYSTEM (Case Study of Nigeria Bottling Company Plc ( NBC))
- DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF COOPERATIVE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF HOTEL MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM A Study of Hill-Top Hotel
- THE DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ONLINE BANKING SYSTEM
- DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ONLINE SHOPPING MALL
- DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ONLINE STUDENT ADMISSION SYSTEM
DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ELECTRONIC BILLING SYSTEM
With the advancement and enhancement in information technology and software engineering, faster, easier and more efficient means of handling invoice and billing issues.
This project is aimed at creating an online billing system to eradicate the stress of invoice filling.
The front end of the application was developed using the following tools; .NET framework, Microsoft visual studio .NET 2003, servers including Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft BizTalk.
The back end was based on Microsoft Access 2003.
The system has been developed with much care that, its free of errors and at the same time it is efficient and less time consuming.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
1.1 Background of the Study
1.2 Statement of the Problem
1.3 Objectives of the Study
1.5 Significance of the Study
1.6 Scope of the Study
CHAPTER TWO: LITERATURE REVIEW
2.1 Brief History of Online Warehouse/ Stores
2.2 Overview of Online Warehouse/Store
2.3 Logistics of Online Warehouse/Store
2.5 Shopping Cart System
2.6 Review of Past Work
2.7 The Place of the Proposed System
CHAPTER THREE: SYSTEM ANALYSIS AND DESIGN
3.1 Advantages and Disadvantages of the Current System
3.2 System Design
3.3 Database Design
3.4 User Interface Design
3.5 Non-Functional Requirement
3.6 Unified Modeling Language
CHAPTER FOUR: SYSTEM IMPLEMENTATION AND DOCUMENTATION
4.1 Programming Language Choice
4.2 Choice of Database
4.3 Description of E-Billing System
4.4 System Testing
4.5 System Implementation
4.6 Hardware and Software Specification
4.7 Sample of Screen Shots of the System
CHAPTER FIVE: SUMMARY, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION
5.1 Summary of Finding
5.2 Limitation of Study
LIST OF FIGURE
Table 3.1 - E-billing system actors
Fig 3.1 - Use case for E-billing system
Fig 3.2 - Class diagram for E-billing system
Fig 3.3 - Product master sequence diagram
Table 3.2 - Bill table
Table 3.3 - Bill details table
Table 3.4 - Client master table
Table 3.5 - Company master table
Table 3.6 - Product master table
Table 3.7 - User master table
Fig 4.1 - Home screen
Fig 4.2 - Product master screen
Fig 4.3 - Bill invoice screen
Fig 4.4 - Invoice report
Fig 4.5 - Print bill screen
Fig 4.6 - Product master report
Fig 4.7 - Change password
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Billing is the act of issuing bills for goods or services rendered. A bill is a printed or written statement of the money owed for goods or services rendered.
Billing system can be done in two ways, namely manual method andelectronic method. In a billing System, where the storage of data is done manually i.e. information is entered into record books. This is inefficient as a number of problems can arise from this:
· The information has to be access from one point i.e. where the record is kept.
· In order to get information anywhere, duplicate copies have to be made.
· Changes made in one record might not be updated in a duplicate.
· Loss of records to natural disasters.
· Anybody can access any report and any sensitive data.
· No report to find out the sales volume, stock list and summary report.
Because of the above reasons listed above it is unreasonable to maintain billing System on record books in this age of computer based information system. The E-billing System is developed to solve these problems.
E-billing is the act of issuing bills (that is a printed or written statement of the money owed for goods and services rendered.) electronically or automatically via computer. E-billing system is a networked database application. A database application is defined literally, as an application that collects data from users through an interface and stores it in a data file (on memory), to process, manipulate and retrieve for decision making.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The manual method of billing, storage and retrieval of customer’s information and computation could be strenuous and time-consuming. It may involve dedicating a person, people or department of the firm to handle this task. Performance computation on the part of staff could be stressful. The E-billing System focuses on how to ease the problems of retrieval of customers’ data when billing is made.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The aim of this project is to create acomputerized bill generation process and invoice, whereby customers’ details will be maintained on a database. It will also help the firm to maintain their product lists, customer lists, and print the invoice. Also it is possible to share the data from multiple systems in a multi-user environment.
The study focuses on the following objectives:
· To make sure data is not duplicated.
· To give security to the sensitive data of the firm.
· To be able to access data from any computer system connected to the database server.
· To keep records of sales volume, stock list and summary report.
· Store data as long as possible.
· To be able to find and print previously saved invoices.
· Provide easy backup of data which can be used at another location.
· To curb every error made in a manual or handwritten billing system.
1.4 METHODOLOGY OF THE STUDY
In this project we make use of UML (Unified modeling language) to design the processes of the application and the user interaction with the system.
The System is a Microsoft window based application that runs on the .NET platform. It is developed using Visual Basic .NET. VB.NET is built on the Windows Server System to take major advantage of the OS and which comes with a host of different servers which allows for building, deploying, managing and maintaining Windows Based solutions. The Windows Server System is designed with performance as priority and it provides scalability, reliability.
The advantage of VB.NET includes;
· Rapid Application Development (RAD) Support.
· Powerful Windows-based Applications
· Simplified Deployment
· Powerful, Flexible, Simplified Data Access
· Improved Coding
· Direct Access to the OS Platform
· Object-Oriented Constructs
· COM Interoperability
The system uses Microsoft access 2007 as the database server. MS Access is desktop RDMS support small application with all features like relational query, different data types, joins, and query. Its benefits include;
· Easy to use and easy to deployment.
· Integration with Windows OS
· Import and Export of data in all major database system.
· Centralized Management
· Automating Tasks i.e. no need of manual updating.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF RESEARCH
The significance of this study is to use object oriented development processes and techniques in the automation of a billing system. Formal analysis and design were used to give adequate understanding to the object-oriented technique used. The major quest is to ease the problem and stress encountered in billing of customers and keeping records of stock list, customer lists, sales volume, and summary report.
In addition the application is window based making it usable by most systems in this part of the world which makes use of Microsoft windows operating system.
This project will be of benefit to:
· Shopping Mall/Supermarket
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study is limited to the human and material resources available to the organization of study.