- POOR ENVIRONMENTAL SANITATION AND PUBLIC HEALTH CHALLENGES AMONG RESIDENTS OF OJO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF LAGOS STATE
- THE EFFECT OF HEALTH AND SAFETY ON EMPLOYEE’S PRODUCTIVITY (A CASE OF CADBURY NIGERIA PLC)
- OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY AS DETERMINANTS OF EMPLOYEE’S PRODUCTIVITY (A Case Study of Nestle Nig, Plc, Agbara, Ogun State)
- EFFECT OF HEALTH AND SAFETY ON EMPLOYEE’S PRODUCTIVITY IN WAPCO PLC
- OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH HAZARDS AMONG EMPLOYEES OF BETA GLASS PLC AGBARA INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, OGUN STATE
- POOR ENVIRONMENTAL SANITATION AND PUBLIC HEALTH CHALLENGES AMONG THE RESIDENTS OF OJO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF LAGOS STATE
- THE EFFECT OF HEALTH AND SAFETY ON EMPLOYEE’S PRODUCTIVITY IN WAPCO PLC
- THE CONTRIBUTION OF FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS IN NIGERIA TO THE GROWTH OF MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY
- THE PERCEIVED EFFECT OF MOTIVATIONAL TOOLS ON STUDENT-ATHLETES PERFORMANCE IN SOME SELECTED TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS
- ROLE OF HEALTH AGENCIES IN THE PROMOTION OF HEALTH
DETERMINANTS OF HEALTH CARE PLANNING AND IMPLICATION OF HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS CONTRIBUTION IN SELECTED HEALTH INSTITUTIONS IN LAGOS STATE
TABLE OF CONTENT
Table of Content ii
Statement of the Problem 2
Significance of the Study 3
Purpose of the Study 3
Research Questions 4
Research Hypotheses 4
Limitation of The Study 5
Operational Definition Of Terms 5
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
Concept of health and Health Planning 7
Technological development in the health care sectors 21
Health care financing expenditure and health care cost 28
Consumer education and health risk 31
Health instruction 41
Theoretical perspective of planning 48
Research design 50
Sampling and sampling techniques 51
Research Instrument 51
Validity of Research Instrument 51
Reliability of the Research Instrument 51
Pre- test of instrument 51
Procedure for data collection 51
Procedure for data analysis 52
Pilot Study 52
WHO (1941), defined health as a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. WHO argued that this definition has been subject to controversy, in particular as lacking operational value and because of the problem created by use of the word "complete", it remains the most enduring. According to Merriam-Webster dictionary of health (2001), health is the level of functional or metabolic efficiency of a living being. In humans, it is the general condition of a person's mind, body and spirit, usually meaning to be free from illness, injury or pain as in "good health" or "healthy".
Health can be defined as a relative state in which one is able to function well physically, mentally, socially, and spiritually in order to express the full range of one's unique potentialities within the environment in which one is living. It furthermore, health is primarily a measure of each person's ability to do and become what he wants to become.
The maintenance and promotion of health is achieved through different combination of physical, mental, and social well-being, together sometimes referred to as the "health triangle". (Nutter 2003). The WHO's 1986 Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion further stated that health is not just a state, but also a resource for everyday life, not the objective of living. Health is a positive concept emphasizing social and personal resources, as well as physical capacities.
Wilkinson, 2006 asserted that health impact can be positive or negative. A positive health impact is an effect which contributes to good health or to improving health. For example, having a sense of control over one’s life and having choices is known to have a beneficial effect on mental health and well being, making people feel “healthier” Wilkinson (2006). A negative health impact has the opposite effect, causing or contributing to ill health. For example, working in unhygienic or unsafe conditions or spending a lot of time in an area with poor air quality is likely to have an adverse effect on physical health status.
Ajala (2002) opined that health influences one’s way of life; it improves personal efficiency; it facilitates the attachment of personal goals. He went further to state that the scenario of health awareness consequences therefore, is one passport to improve healthy living, development and economic prosperity of the society.
Statement of the Problem
There have been challenges in the health care industry in the recent times, which is of concern to individual, the nation and the international community. Interest of health care providers constitute a threat to clients. This reflectance in modes and methods of practice which affect relationships among health care providers and subsequently clients management.
Also, the need for proper planning of health care delivery and employment process constitute to the health managers.
Significance of the Study
- The findings of this study would provide more information on health care planning
- The finding would assist in health care planning by the national state and local government.
- The findings would assist health care providers for better understanding in health care planning.
- The findings would assist health care providers to contribute meaningfully during conferences, seminars, symposium on strategic health care planning.
- The finding would assist health care providers to contribute meaningfully to health care delivery system.
- The findings might serve as an eye opener to the government to accord each health care providers its rightfully place in decision making in the health care establishment.
- The findings would also serve as a source of reference to people who may be interested in similar study in future as well as contribute to knowledge.
Purpose of the Study
The purpose of this study is to ascertain determine factors attached to health care planning and implications of health care providers contribution in selected health institutions in Lagos state
1. Will health care providers have adequate facilities and equipment to work in an efficient health care plan?
2. Will health care provider participate in the nations health care planning?
3. Will training of health care provider meet the demand of the society in an efficient health care services?
4. Will health care provider satisfy in their work to the level of participate in the health care planning?
1. There will be no significant difference between healthcare provider interest in healthcare planning and level of participation in nations health care
2. There will be no significant difference between healthcare provider interest in healthcare planning and training to meet the demand of the society in an efficient health care services.
3. There will be no significant difference between health care planning and health care information technological advancement in health care service
4. There will be no significant difference in health care planning and increase health care expectation in health care service.
Limitation of The Study
This study would be limited to doctors and Nurses in the three stages of health care institutions in Lagos State- namely; Primary, Secondary and Tertiary health institution. Any other limitations will be adequately taken care of appropriately.
Operational Definition Of Terms
Health care planning:- Measures taken to organize health needs of individuals, family and communities in order to deliver an effective health services.
Budget Pressure: Demand made on the income and expenditure of an health care organization to deliver services.
Health Care Provider:- Health professional who attend to patients / clients and care directly involved in their health care.
Health Care Technology:- Scientific method taken to make health care available to individuals, families and communities.
Health Risk: Psychological / Environmental health hazards such as diseases, illnesses, accidents, injuries, pollution that people are predisposed to in their daily endeavours.
Interest:- The relation of being concerned or affected in respect of advantage or detriment of health care practices.
Preventive Health Care:- Measures used in educating, promoting and maintaining the health of individual, family and community.
Professional: Trained and skilled in trade or occupation.
Professional conflict:- Disagreement / misunderstanding among the health care providers which could be inter or intra in any health care organization.