- AN EVALUATION OF MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING TECHNIQUES ON ORGANIZATION DECISION MAKING PROCESS (A CASE STUDY OF CADBURY NIGERIA PLC, IKEJA, LAGOS)
- EFFECT OF BRAND STRATEGY AS AN EFFECTIVE TOOL FOR CORPORATE IDENTITY
- THE EFFECT OF SKILL MANAGEMENT ON EMPLOYEES’ EFFICIENCY (A STUDY OF NATIONAL DRUG LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY [NDLEA])
- EFFECT OF EMPLOYEES PARTICIPATION IN DECISION MAKING ON ORGANISATION PERFORMANCE (A STUDY OF NIGERIA BAG MANUFACTURING PLC)
- THE RELEVANCE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) TO THE MANAGEMENT OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA (A Case Study of Card Centre Nigeria Limited )
- EFFECT OF SKILL MANAGEMENT ON EMPLOYEES’ EFFICIENCY AT NATIONAL DRUG LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY [NDLEA]
- THE EFFECT OF EMPLOYEES PARTICIPATION IN DECISION MAKING ON ORGANISATION PERFORMANCE (NIGERIA BAG MANUFACTURING PLC)
- THE EFECTTS OF EMPLOYEES PARTICIPATION IN DECISION MAKING ON WORK PERFORMANCE (CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC)
- THE EFFECT OF COMMERCIAL BANKS IN AGRICULTURAL FINANCING IN NIGERIA (A Case Study of First Bank Nigeria Plc.)
- THE EFFECT OF RATIO ANALYSIS IN INVESTMENT DECISION (A Study of First Bank Nigeria Plc.)
EFFECT OF EFFECTIVE DECISION MAKING ON ORGNAIZATIONAL EFFICIENCY (A Case Study of Setraco Nigeria Limited Auchi)
This project examines the Effect of Effective Decision Making on Organizational Efficiency using Setraco Nigeria Limited Auchi, as a case study. It is to find out what effect decision making has on an organization. The researcher used both primary and secondary methods of data collection. The chi-square and simple percentage method were also used to analysis the data collected. Based on the analysis and interpretation of data. It was discovered that decision making is important to organization. Business organization requires decision making in its management activities. Based on the findings the researcher make the recommendations that: management should see employees opinion before decisions are reached.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Certification --- --- --- --- --- ---- --- --- --- i
Dedication --- --- --- --- --- ---- --- --- --- ii
Acknowledgement --- --- --- --- --- ---- --- iii
Table of contents --- --- --- --- --- ---- --- --- iv
Abstract --- --- --- --- --- ---- --- --- --- vii
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
1.1 Background to the Study --- --- --- --- --- --- 1
1.2 Statement of the Problem --- --- --- --- --- --- 3
1.3 Research Questions --- --- --- --- --- --- 4
1.4 Objective of the Study--- --- --- --- ---- --- --- 4
1.5 Statement of Hypotheses --- --- --- --- ---- --- 5
1.6 Scope of the Study--- --- --- --- ---- --- --- 5
1.7 Significances of the Study--- --- --- --- ---- --- 5
1.8 Limitations of the Study--- --- --- --- ---- --- 6
1.9 Operational Definition of Terms --- --- --- --- ---- 6
CHAPTER TWO: LITERATURE REVIEW
2.1 Decision Making --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 9
2.2 Models of Decision Making --- --- --- --- --- 14
2.3 The Theories of Decision Making --- --- --- --- --- 17
2.4 Types of Decision Making --- --- --- --- ---- --- 20
2.5 Effects of Decision Making --- --- --- --- ---- --- 23
2.6 Benefit of Decision Making --- --- --- --- ---- --- 23
2.7 Negative Effect of Decision Making --- --- --- --- 24
2.8 Problems of Development Premises --- --- --- -- 25
2.9 Problems of Determining Alternative Course --- --- --- 25
2.10 Formulating Derivation Decision --- --- --- --- --- 26
CHAPTER THREE: RESEARCH METHOD
3.1 Research Design --- --- --- --- ---- --- --- 27
3.2 Population of the Study --- --- --- --- ---- --- 27
3.3 Sample/Sampling Techniques --- --- --- --- --- 27
3.4 Method Data Collection --- --- --- --- --- 28
3.5 Method of Data Analysis --- --- --- --- --- --- 28
CHAPTER FOUR: DATA PRESENTATION ANALYSIS AND
4.1 Data Presentation --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 29
4.2 Data analysis --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 32
4.3 Testing of Hypotheses --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 32
4.4 Discussion of Findings --- --- --- --- --- --- 33
CHAPTER FIVE: SUMMARY, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATIONS
5.1 Summary --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 41
5.2 Conclusion --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 41
5.3 Recommendations --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 42 References
1.1 Background to the Study
Decision making is a vital component of organization success. Decision that are based on a foundation of knowledge and sound reasoning can load the organization into long-term prosperity.
Decision making can simply be seen as the process whereby management dilemmas its objectives and selects among available alternatives which it believes will either procure the best outcome or attain the desired objective with the most economical utilization of resources. (Amo 2005), giving a close look of this definition one will observe that there are different and various courses of action, but the Decision makers is expected to choose just one from the different alternative that are available. This is what prompted the researcher to write on the topic “ The Effect of Effective Decision Making On Organizational Efficiency” because many organization have in the previous year’s failed due to the fact that they were unable to take effective decision at that particular point in time and it is a well know fact that, without effective decision making an organization will not be efficient in its dealings.
The ethics of good business organization regime so that it will run into a state of panic when it comes to the period of decision making. Decision making. Decision making being one of the past measures used in making a business grow, then it is not working with the policies which objective when it is not working with the policies which are spell out by the organization or business owners.
Decision making plays vital roles in any business organization its impact s essential to the day-to-day activities of the organization which no doubt are profit oriented. The ability to make good decision by corporate citizens has enable people to build societies, organization and other social groups that made for continuous existence and better living.
However, most people fails to take decision effective a result of some problems hence, Decision making is a choice made response to certain needs or problems.
Decision are made in all stages of life from the public sector for the provide sector as so on. The administration of government policy and the implementation of public programmes are base Decision making. So the objectives of Decision making is to establish a common goals, giving of instruction, making of adjustment from the complain of people, keeping members to decide on event and policies, motivating and training are conditioned or determined by superiors abilities to decision of effective Decision making.
Decision making can be viewed as the means by which management get things done, it is the general sense of belonging of all units and personal identification within the organization. The ultimate objectively of Decision making is that Decision making seek to unit, coordinate and combine all undertakings, for instance, a superior may know how to decide the best way of doing it.
The researcher hope to achieve good conduct and effective Decision making in business organization and also to improve effective Decision making in business organization.
1.2 Statement of the Problems
Decision making is an important tool that helps the organization to achieve its goals and objective. However, organization usually have problems in Decision making that ultimately affect their organization’s strategies. In order words the types decision adopted by the organization are associated with some problem that could hindered organization efficiency. This is the gap in knowledge the research adopted to fill.
1.3 Research Questions
The following research questions directed the thrust of this study.
1. Can decision without implementation result to business failure?
2. Does effective Decision making affect the success of the business?
3. Investigating if unplanned decision can cause great damage to business organization?
4. Can effective decision brings about harmonious relationship in an organization?
1.4 Objective Of The Study
The effect of improper Decision making, lack of implementation and follow up poses a great threat to both public and private sector to the economy.
1. To outline and investigate the negative effect of not making the right decision in an organization.
2. To critically outline the positive and negative effect of engaging in Decision making in an organization
3. To examine how Decision making effective Decision making organization efficiency
1.5 Research Hypotheses
For the purpose of this study the following hypothesis which is in the null from still be tested.
1. Business organization does not require Decision making in it is management activities.
2. There is no adequate functions in the organization.
3. Management does not seek employees opinion before taking decision on issues that affect them.
1.6 Scope Of The Study
The area covered in the research work includes the following department with partners reference to Setraco Nigeria Limited, Auchi.
Human Resources Department if proper and effective decision is not been make in these department then it will not be possible for the organization to achieve it set objective.
1.7 Significance Of The Study
The significance of this research work is to:
1. The management of Setraco Nigeria Limited would find the study useful in talking problems related to effective Decision making in their organization.
2. Find out the role of effective Decision making in business organization
3. This is also armed at helping the organization in improving their standard of Decision making.
4. The purpose also is to help advance the knowledge of the students in area for further research work in Decision making.
1.8 Limitations Of The Study
This research prospect was faced with several dainting problems, while some of them are basis, others were uncommon problems, such problems as lack of relevant materials at the polytechnic library associated with the apprehension of the respondents who considered some questions asked as invasion of their privacy. With these limiting problems set aside, it is expected that this project work will meet its objectives of reference for future researchers.
1.9 Operational Definition Of Terms
For easy understanding, the following terms as used in the research.
Decision Making: Cook and Humsaker (2001) define decision making as a process of “Selecting the best solution from among feasible alternative”.
Decision: Butle (1992) defines a decision as a “the selection of a proposed course of actions.
Management: Management is the process of identifying an interest area, artistically and scientifically pultona resources in an efficiently and effectively way towards achieving the desired target. (Imiavan, Okonofia and Olayode 2088).
Organization: Etzioni (1975) defines organization as a social units (or human groups) deliberation constructed or reconstructed to seek specific goal.
Researcher: This are the available human financial and technological asset that which the organization uses to achieve their set goals and objectives.
Effectiveness: This is the process of naturalizing the organizations goals and objectives comparing the goals and objective actualized with the set standard.
Efficiency: Is the total commitment to ones study and in the direction of actualizing the organization goals and objective.
Communication: According to Little (1978), defines communication as the process of which information is passed between individuals and organization by means of previously agreed symbols.
Information: Information is data that have been processed into a form which is meaningful to the recipient and which is of real interest to prospective decision and action.