- THE IMPACT OF CREDIT RISK MANAGEMENT IN COMMERCIAL BANKS (A CASE STUDY OF UBA PLC)
- IMPACT OF CORPORATE LEVEL MANAGEMENT ON THE EMPLOYEE’S PERFORMANCE (A Case Study of Fidelity Bank Plc.)
- IMPACT OF STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT ON ORGANISATIONAL GROWTH (A Case Study of Lawrenzo Cargo and Logistics Ltd.)
- THE IMPACT OF HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT ON EMPLOYEES’ PRODUCTIVITY IN NIGERIA BREWERIES PLC
- THE IMPACT OF CONFLICT MANAGEMENT ON EMPLOYEES’ PERFORMANCE IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR (A STUDY OF POWER HOLDING COMPANY OF NIGERIA)
- IMPACT OF CREDIT MANAGEMENT ON THE OPERATION OF SMALL SCALE ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA
- IMPACT OF CONFLICT MANAGEMENT ON EMPLOYEES’ PERFORMANCE IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR (A CASE STUDY OF POWER HOLDING COMPANY OF NIGERIA)
- ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE AS A TOOL FOR EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT (A STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERY PLC)
- IMPACT OF EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL ON EMPLOYEE PRODUCTIVITY (A STUDY OF MTN NIGERIA)
- THE IMPACT OF TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT ON EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE OF WORKERS IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR A STUDY OF NIGERIA PORTS AUTHORITY
IMPACT OF EFFECTIVE BUILDING PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT IN SUCCESSFUL BUILDING PROJECT DELIVERY
The purpose of this study was to determine the impact of effective building production management in successful building project delivery in Akwa in Anambra State. A three research question were formulated which guided the study. The population of the study comprises of building production management professionals in construction firms. A well structured questionnaire was distributed and 30 were retrieved out of 40 distributed for data collection. Frequency count / percentages and weighted mean (likert scale) were used to answer the research questions. It was concluded among other that; impact of effective building production management leads to successful building project delivery. Building production management; for quality assurance, utilization of labour and complete success in construction project supervision must be use at all time based on the conclusion drawn from the study, recommendations were made for the importance of effective building production management.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of contents vii
1.0 Background of the study 1
1.1 Statement of the problem 2
1.2 Purpose of the study 3
1.3 Research question 4
1.4 Scope of the study 4
1.5 Limitations of the study 5
1.6 Definition of terms. 5
1.7 Organization of the study 6
2.0 Literature Review 7
2.1 Types of pressure groups 8
2.2 Pressure groups and democrats process in Nigeria 9
2.3 Attitudes to and participation in the National democratic process 11
2.4 Contributions of functional pressure group to the democratic process 16
2.5 Obstacles to the effectiveness of pressure groups in the democratic
2.6 Summary of literature review 20
2.7 Theoretical framework 21
RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 22
3.1 Design of the study 22
3.2 Area of the study 22
3.3 Population of the study 22
3.4 Sample and sampling techniques 22
3.5 Instrument for Data collection 23
3.6 Reliability and validity of the instrument 23
3.7 Distribution and retrieval of instruments 24
3.8 Methods of Data analysis 24
4.0 Data Presentation and Analysis 25
4.1 Personal Data 25
4.2 Analysis of research questions 26
4.3 Findings 30
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation 31
5.1 Summary of findings 31
5.2 Conclusion 31
5.3 Recommendations 32
5.4 suggestions or Further Research 32
1.1.0 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
The Nigeria construction industry has witnessed continued growth at a phenomenal rate construction methods have witnessed changes with current trends tending towards industrialization, mechanization, prefabrication and the authomation of all the processes involved in the erection and installation of structure Kashish C. (2016). All these require high management impact with the population explosion and continued demand for new building of all kinds couple with the infrastructural facilities there is the need for professional practitioners in the building industry to impart knowledge of production management toward construction planning at the design stage for successful building delivering with appropriate construction tools. Robert F.C. and Michael C.L. (2001)
A concept and contents of modern day construction work are changing in a complex direction, the indication is a clear need for professionals to improve on modern techniques for learning and practice. It is only in this way that the construction industry can meet challenges and responsibilities imposed upon it is an effective and efficient manner so as to ensure quality of production in the construction industry. This will not only offer better value for money to the client but will make profitability of the industry more stable for any building project to be successfully execute on site, the constructors must forcast, plan and put in place various production Management Documents (Builder’s documents).
Federal Government National Building Code (2006).
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
Bamisile (2004), the public at large, believe that most building product fails to offer value for money, construction projected are said to cast for much, take too long to complete and too prone to failure.
Ibironke T.O. (2009), asserted that the problem experience in the course of managing the three parameters, manifest primarily art two point in the total building process, i.e at the interface between the client and designer and the interfaces between the designer and the constructor. Ibironke T.O.(2009), further concluded that the major problem of project falling to meet with the client requirement of time, cost and quality (TCQ) includes the followings.
i Client and designer may misunderstand or not
ii Agree on the detail of the brief with regards to the buildings purpose performance or appearance.
iii The designer and constructor may through misunderstanding or ignorance, misinterpret the objectives regarding, time, cost and quality specified in relevant contract document.
iv Designer sometime may design a building that cannot be built to the required levels of quality, constructed with time and cost.
1.3 RESEARCH AIM AND OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
The aim of the research is to explore the impact of effective building production management in successful building project delivery with the following objectives:
1) To identify factors affecting effective Building production management.
2) To seek the importance of production management.
3) To articulate the benefits of effective building production management to project delivery
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This project is highly significant in the following ways.
1. This study will help in effective building production management.
2. It will help students for research work and need for proper design and management of construction.
3. This project will be useful to builders and other professionals in the building design and construction management.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTION
The following research questions are found to drive the study.
1) What are the factors that effective Building production management
2) What are the importance of production management
3) What are the benefit of effective building production management for project delivery.
1.6 STUDY AREA
This research was carried out in Awka Anambra State. It examined. The impact of effective building production management in successful building project delivery.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Building production: This is the organization and management of plans, equipment, materials and labour involved in the construction of a building, while at the same time complying with all codes, rules and contractual stipulations.
Management: This is a social process entailing responsibility for the effective economics planning and regulation of the operations of an enterprise in fulfillment of a given purpose or task (Calvert R.E (1995).
Construction: The erecting or building of something especially a large structure such as a house, road, or bridge which involves type and quality of the structure, materials and workmanship (Encarta 2009).
Design: This is the realization of a concept or idea into a configuration, drawing, model, mould, pattern, plan or specification (on which the actual or commercial production of an item is based) and which helps achieve the item’s designated objectives (http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/design.html).