- EFFECTS OF BUDGET AND BUDGETARY CONTROL IN BANKING SECTOR (A Case Study of First Bank of Nigeria Plc.)
- STRATEGIC APPROACH TO THE MANAGEMENT OF SMALL BUSINESS ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA (A Case Study of Evarmila Nigeria Enterprise, Lagos.)
- EFFECT OF PRODUCT QUALITY CONTROL ON CUSTOMER’S SATISFACTION (A STUDY OF CADBURY NIG. PLC)
- THE RELEVANCE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) TO THE MANAGEMENT OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA (A Case Study of Card Centre Nigeria Limited )
- EVALUATING CUSTOMER SERVICE AS AN ASPECT OF QUALITY MANAGEMENT (A CASE STUDY OF UNILEVER NIGERIA PLC)
- PACKAGING AS A TOOL OF ACHIEVING HIGHER PROFITABILITY IN A MANUFACTURING COMPANY (A Study of Nigeria Bottling Company)
- THE EFFECT OF PRODUCT QUALITY CONTROL ON CUSTOMER’S SATISFACTION (A CASE STUDY OF CADBURY NIG. PLC)
- THE EFFECTS OF INVENTORY MANAGEMENT IN MANUFACTURING COMPANY (A Case Study of Tower Aluminum Nigeria Plc)
- THE IMPACT OF BUDGET AND BUDGETARY CONTROL IN BANKING SECTOR (A Case Study of First Bank of Nigeria Plc.)
- THE IMPACT OF BUDGETING AND BUDGETARY CONTROL SYSTEM IN MANUFACTURING COMPANIES (A STUDY OF EVANS MEDICAL PLC.)
MANAGEMENT OF QUALITY CONTROL IN MANUFACTURING ORGANIZATIONS (A Survey of Nigeria Breweries Company, Benin City)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Certification --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- i
Dedication --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ii
Acknowledgements --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- iii
Table of Contents --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- iv
Abstract --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- viii
CHAPTER ONE: INTROUDCTION
1.1 Background to the Study --- --- --- --- --- --- 1
1.2 Statement of the Problem --- --- --- --- --- --- 3
1.3 Research Questions --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 3
1.4 Objective of the Study --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 4
1.5 Statement of Hypotheses --- --- --- --- --- --- 4
1.6 Scope of the Study --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 4
1.7 Significance of the Study --- --- --- --- --- --- 5
1.8 Limitation of the Study --- --- --- --- --- --- 5
1.9 Operational Definition of Terms --- --- --- --- --- 6
CHAPTER TWO: LITERATURE REVIEW
2.1 Quality Control --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 8
2.2 Definition of Quality --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 10
2.3 Quality Analysis --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 11
2.4 Total Quality Management --- --- --- --- --- --- 20
2.5 Quality Standard Establishment ---- --- --- --- --- 22
2.6 Quality Control Techniques --- --- --- --- --- 25
2.7 Responsibility for Quality Control --- --- --- --- --- 27
2.8 Problems of Control --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 28
2.9 Prospect of Quality Control --- --- --- --- --- --- 30
CHAPTER THREE: RESEARCH METHOD
3.1 Research Design --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 33
3.2 Population of the Study--- --- --- --- --- --- 33
3.3 Sample and Sampling Procedurers --- --- --- --- --- 33
3.4 Instrumentation --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 34
3.5 Method of Data Collection --- --- --- --- --- --- 34
3.6 Method of Data Analysis --- --- --- --- --- --- 35
CHAPTER FOUR: DATA PRESENTATION, ANALYSIS AND DISCUSSION
4.1 Data Presentation --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 36
4.2 Data Analysis --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 37
4. 3 Test of Hypotheses --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 40
4.4 Discussion of Findings --- --- --- --- --- --- 48
CHPATER FIVE: SUMMARY CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATIONS
5.1 Summary --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 49
5.2 Conclusion --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 50
5.3 Recommendations --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 50
This study was designed to examine the problems and prospects of quality control in manufacturing firm. The various techniques of quality control used in the firms and to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of their application. This study is also find out what manufacturing firms seek to achieve through quality control practice. To achieve these objectives, a case study of Nigeria Breweries Plc Enugu was carried out. A review of related literature was undertaken data were collected through the distribution of questionnaires and the use of textbooks and company journals and company magazines from the study. It was discovered that through quality control practice helps to ensure high quality control techniques, inability to understand consumers needs, management attitude etc. it was also discovered that manufacturing firms have some quality objective to achieve through quality control practice i.e. to create a good corporate image, to meet consumers needs and create consumer satisfaction, to achieve lower cost in production etc. Based on findings, recommendations were made to achieve the firms’ qualities/goals.
1.1 Background to the Study
Nigeria Breweries Plc was incorporated on 16th November 1946 as Nigerian breweries limited. It starts production in June 1949 when the first bottle of star larger beer rolled off the line in Lagos. This was followed by Aba brewery in 1957, Kaduna brewery in 1993 1km (1999-238)
Nigeria breweries Plc is one of the largest capitalist firm in the Nigeria stock exchange. It is also one of the most nationally well known concerns in Nigeria. The corporate mission of the organization is remained the leading beverage company in Nigeria producing high quality brands to meet the need of identified viable sector in the market. (1999)
In the bid to achieve its corporate mission which is to remain the largest beverage company in Nigeria exportation in Nigeria made beer into other African countries. The company beer also recognizes the fact that for it to remain the largest brewing in Nigeria, it must have effective and productive man power. To this end, the company has therefore made staff training and development, one of the major aspects of its policy
The company’s training and development, cut across the entire spectrum of the staff, from the lowest to the highest. Virtually, every job, in company has some training and development program design to improve performance.
In fact, the company believes in the recruitment of quality personnel and subsequently provides such personnel with development opportunities that are useful both to them and the company.
The company also offers a course which as calls “management induction curse” to its managers of the topic discuss in the course is “quality of product” the objective of this course is to give the participant a better understanding of the company, its goals and policies which include, producing high quality product and remaining the largest in brewing industry.
Nigeria breweries plc has a research and development center, which was setup to undertake research into brewing beer and malt drinking, from local raw materials and also to study the quality process
This center also carried out research to know whether to improve in the quality of the company’s existing product or to introduce new ones. Nigeria breweries plc is not ignorant of the ever changing policies o the government. It knows that any time government policies can also change as to allow imported beer into the Nigeria market. The company is therefore prepared for such an eventuality by ensuring that its premium larger are indeed premium and are perceived by its customer to be so.
1.2 Statement of the Problems
The Nigeria business environment dynamic with every changing work process, practices and employee’s configuration. As a result of these changes, firms that are resistant to changes or cannot respond quickly and adequately to change are prone to having problems which will in the long-run affect their productivity level and profit margin adversity. The following are some of the problems that would affect the level of quality production.
· None-awareness of techniques.
· Unskilled workers/personnel
· Management attitude
· Non-availability of equipment
· Flooding the market with sub-standard products
1.3 Research Questions
To achieve the objective of this study, the researcher would seek to provide answers to the following questions:
1. Does the firm intend to achieve quality control?
2. Does quality standard established in Nigeria breweries?
3. Is the current practice sufficient to ensure high quality product?
4. Does the implementation of quality control adequate?
5. Does quality control exist in other organization?
1.4 Objective of the Study
This is to determine what this research exercise will achieve. And they are as follows;
1. To determine who to improve on the quality control
2. To ascertain the problem associated with quality control
3. To enhance employees participation in promoting quality
4. To identify the factors that will guide quality performance
5. To evaluate the problems and provide a solution to it
1.5 Statement of Hypotheses
The hypothesis to be tested in the research work are stated in the form of null and alternative hypothesis
(1) The firm does not intend to achieve quality control
(2) The implementation of quality control is not poor
(3) Quality control does not only exist in Nigeria brewery
1.6 Scope of the Study
This study is focused on the study of management of quality control in Nigeria breweries. The scope is limited to evaluating the impact of quality of control on the process of production in the industry. Its shall also focus on the volume content of the product in Nigerian breweries plc
1.7 Significance of the Study
The study is significant because it will reveal the problem of quality control and how to solve or manage the problem
1. The study will help the inform the organization the important of quality control as to regards to productivity
2. It will help to reveal the problem and causes of low quality control
3. It will help to increase the high patron gate of its product
4. The result of the finding will be of immense benefit to breweries, organization, as well as student carrying out similar research work on the same topic or related ones.
1.8 Limitation of the Study
In the case of this research work, there were lot of constraint and difficulties encountered during information gathering. These constraints are as follows:
1. Finance: The problem of finance has been my hindrances, merge4 with high transportation fee which make us not to reach some certain places to write up this project as I planned
2. Time: This research work was limited by time constraint, which hindered indept effort of this product
3. Lack of cooperation by some respondents
1.9 Operational Definition of Terms
Material: This are the raw material components sub-assemblies and the supplied used for the production of goods or services
Material management: This is also the planning or organizing and controlling of the flow of materials from the initial purchase to the distribution of finished goods
Effectiveness: It is the extent to which the desire result is realized or achieved
Efficiency: This measures the extent to which the goals or objectives are achieved of the stipulated tie and at less cost.
Lead time (LT): This is the required time to receive new order of inventory
Minimum level of inventory (Buffer): this is the level inventory is required to be kept at all time that inventory must not go below its level
Maximum stock value: this is the highest quantity of inventory that can be maintained in an industry at a given time
Economic Order Quantity (EOQ): this is the quantity of inventory at which the cost of carrying and ordering are equal
Average stock level: this is the opening stock plus closing stock divided by two (2) for a given period
Industry: economic activities concerned with the processing of raw material and its is also seem as a particular form or branch of economic or commercial activity
Management: the skill or practices of controlling directly or planning something especially for a commercial enterprise or quality and it is the manager of a company etc
Market: a gathering of people that take place periodically where skills are set up allowing them to buy and sell a variety of goods or a specified type of goods