- EVALUATION OF CONTRIBUTION OF COMMERCIAL BANK TO THE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF NIGEIRA (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC)
- AN EVALUATION OF MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING TECHNIQUES ON ORGANIZATION DECISION MAKING PROCESS (A CASE STUDY OF CADBURY NIGERIA PLC, IKEJA, LAGOS)
- AN ASSESSMENT OF THE IMPACT OF BANK CREDIT ON AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC)
- THE IMPACT OF PERFORMANCE EVALUATION THROUGH THE ANALYSIS OF FINANCIAL STATEMENT ON INVESTMENT DECISIONS (A CASE STUDY OF LOGMAN NIGERIA PLC.)
- ASSESSMENT OF CONTRIBUTION OF COMMERCIAL BANK TO THE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF NIGEIRA (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC)
- COMPENSATION MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE (A STUDY OF PZ CUSSIONS NIGERIA PLC)
- THE EFFECT OF FORWARD INTEGRATION ON PERFORMANCE OF MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY (A STUDY OF CADBURY NIGERIA PLC)
- THE EFFECT OF GOVERNMENT EXPORT PROMOTION POLICIES ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF EXPORT BUSINESS IN NIGERIA (A STUDY OF THE NIGERIAN EXPORT PROMOTION COUNCIL [NEPC])
- ASSESSMENT OF THE IMPACT OF BANK CREDIT ON AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC)
- EFFECTS OF PERFORMANCE EVALUATION THROUGH THE ANALYSIS OF FINANCIAL STATEMENT ON INVESTMENT DECISIONS (A CASE STUDY OF LOGMAN NIGERIA PLC.)
PRODUCT PLANNING AND PRODUCTIVITY IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF AFPRINT NIGERIA PLC)
Product planning is the process of determining that line of products which can secure maximum net realization from the intended market.
In my research, which dwells on the above as regards "product planning and productivity. And my using Afprint Nigeria Plc, as case study, I am expected to show how the above definition and other quotable definition from various academics regarding product planning has helped Industries. For example, Afprint Nigeria Plc. to attain its desired goals regarding productivity. Also, the results involving refusal to plan.
Under this project, I will show, analyse and conclude using questionnaire. This is to show how important product planning and productivity affects the products of the Afprint Nigeria Plc., in their continual strives against competitors.
TABLE OF CONTENT
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
1.1 Background to the Study
1.2 Problem Statement
1.3 Research Objectives
1.4 Significance of the Study
1.5 Research Questions
1.6 Research Hypotheses
1.7 Research Method
1.8 Scope and Limitations of the Study
1.9 Organization of Study
1.10 Definition OF Terms
CHAPTER TWO LITERATURE REVIEW
2.2 Product Definitions
2.3 Productivity Definition
2.4 Product Planning
2.5 Types of Products
2.7 New Product
2.8 Production Planning
2.9 Organisational Productivity Ratio
2.10 Efficiency of Product and Productivity
CHAPTER THREE: RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3.2 Restatement of Research Questions
3.3 Restatement of Research Hypotheses
3.4 Research Design
3.5 Research Population
3.6 Sample and Sampling Techniques
3.7 Research Instrument
3.8 Data Collection Method
CHAPTER FOUR: PRESENTATION, ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION OF DATA
4.2 Restatement of Hypothesis and Data Presentation
4.3 Analysis of Data
4.4 The Decision Rule
4.5 Interpretation of Data
CHAPTER FIVE: SUMMARY, RECOMMENDATIONS AND CONCLUSION
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
The concept of product planning has attracted the attention of business mangers, economist and laymen in modern time. To plan invest act in the light of a definite predetermined objectives, designing and manipulating of factors which govern the achievement of a given target so as to attain specific goals within the time limit which the planner sets for himself.
Product planning is important in any dynamic different changes overtime. Products that were in the market, years ago have been phased out, while new ones are introduced into the market on a continuous basis. Competition has played a major role in encouraging product planning in our economic system. There is the desire by each firm to better its product offers to be able to have distinctive advantages over its competitors.
Product planning can be defined as the process of determining that line of products which can secure maximum net realization from the intended market. It is an 'act of marketing out, supervision searching, screening development and commercialization of new products productivity that measures the competitiveness and operationalization of managerial function. It should be noted that, the quality of products and services and the productivity in any organization is dependent on management. In actual practice, the four fundamental functions of management are interwoven and interrelated.
The performance of one affects the other, and for this reason, if one of the managerial functions is poorly or not properly executed, it will definitely have an effect (negatively) on the management of an organization which in turn affects its productivity.
Any measure adopted to boost productivity goal has to be planned. This is to say that, productive goals and objectives have to be clear future event, problem and relationship should be anticipated. The boundaries within which decision are made and actions taken must be established and in this way, what to do, why or to what end, when to do it, how to do it and where to do it, are considered before action is taken.
1.2 PROBLEM STATEMENT
Inspite of the enviable prospects of planning in our business organization in relation to output, it IS still faced with some problems. The purpose of this study is to investigate the reluctance of managers to plan, which as a result, planning is infrequently done and low productivity is the outcome. Some of the militating factors are as follows:
· To determine the barrier encountered by management in the planning and access the effect on productivity Secondly, the identification of the planning techniques employed in order to determine which technique is more appropriate in Afprint Nigeria plc.
· Also, lack of quality in the textile products to the requirement of export market in Afprint Nigeria, is a problem. Due to depreciation in the value of naira and dilapidating infrastructure, the cost of production became significantly high for Afpint Nigeria Plc.
· Lastly, to ascertain the quality of the plans adopted and determine their merits and demerits.
1.3 RESEARCH OBJECTIVES
It is the objective of this study to single out Afprint Nigeria plc and analyze the impact of product planning and productivity in textile Mill Industry. In this way, the following will be achieved:
i. To determine the extent to which product ·planning has improved productivity in the Textile Mill Industry.
ii. To determine how planning can be used to increase the market acceptability of Anakara brand of Afprint Nigeria Plc and
iii. finally to determine the extent to which product planning can improve the accuracy of productivity forecast.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study aims at investigating the relationship between planning and productivity and the numerous gains it offers business organization. It will also be an additional source material for management. Planning decision of Afprint Nigeria plc. This study also shows that product planning and productivity is strategically important.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The research questions are
1. Has research contributed to product planning and productivity in textile industry?
2. Does product planning improve the accuracy of productivity.
1.6 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
The answer to the research questions are as follows:
Ho: Research has not contributed to product planning and productivity in textile industry.
Hi: Research has contributed to product planning and productivity in textile industry
Ho: product planning does not improve the accuracy of productivity.
Hi: Product planning does Improve the accuracy of productivity .
1.7 RESEARCH METHOD
Under this research methodology, the source of data will be used is the primary data in form of questionnaire and, direct observation. The questionnaire will be based on interviews and data collected from the senior and junior staffs of Afprint Nigeria Plc.
1.8 SCOPE AND LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
This study will focus on Afprint Nigeria Plc between the periods of 1997 - 2006. In this research, the researcher is considering Afprint Nigeria Plc. out of numerous textile industries in Nigeria because of the quality of the product and its affordability.
The limitations that may slow the work of this study are as follows:
Due to the competitive nature of textile mill industry in Nigeria, Afprint Nigeria limited may not be willing to give out all the necessary data required.
Also for one reason or the other, not everybody using the product of Afprint may be willing to answer the questionnaire. This may reduce the accuracy of this research.
1.9 ORGANIZATION OF STUDY
This study will be organized in five chapters.
Chapter one will consist of the introduction, statement of problem, aims and objectives of the study, significance of the study, research question is, research hypotheses, research method, scope and limitation, organization of study and the definition of terms.
Chapter two will consist of general review of related literature.
Chapter three will take into cognizance the introduction, restatement of research questions, restatement of research hypotheses, research design, research population, sample and sampling techniques, research instrument and data collection method.
Chapter four will take into cognizance the profile of the Afprint Nigeria Plc and analysis of data collected through the questionnaire.
Finally, chapter five will contain summary, conclusion and recommendation.
1.10 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Product: This is a bundle of utilities consisting of various product features and accompanying services.
Planning: It is the analysis of relevant information from the present and the past assessment of the present future, development so that a course of action may be determined that enable the organization to meet the stated objectives.
Productivity: This is the measure of how well operation system functions, an indication of the efficiency and competitiveness of a single firm or department.