- INFLUENCE OF MASS MEDIA AWARENESS TO PROMOTION OF FAMILY PLANNING PRACTICES IN AGEGE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF LAGOS STATE
- THE ACCEPTANCE OF FAMILY PLANNING AMONG THE ADOLESCENT IN SURE-LERE LOCAL GOVERNMENT, LAGOS STATE.
- EFFECT OF FORMAL EDUCATION ON NIGERIAN WOMEN’S ATTITUDE TOWARDS FAMILY PLANNING IN LAGOS STATE
- AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE ATTITUDE OF WOMEN TOWARDS FAMILY PLANNING PROGRAMME ON LAGOS STATE
- THE ATTITUDE OF UNDERGRADUATE SANDWICH STUDENTS TOWARDS FAMILY PLANNING METHODS AT UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS.
- THE EFFECT OF FORMAL EDUCATION ON NIGERIAN WOMEN’S ATTITUDE TOWARDS FAMILY PLANNING IN LAGOS STATE
- THE ROLE MEDIA COVERAGE IN FAMILY PLANNING PROGRAMMES
- THE ART OF NATURAL FAMILY PLANNING IN THE LIGHT OF JOHN F. KIPPLEY (A Philosophical Approach)
- THE IMPACT OF FAMILY PLANNING CAMPAIGN ON COUPLES
- AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE ATTITUDES OF FAMILY PLANNING AMONG HEALTH CARE USERS AND MARKET WOMEN
THE ACCEPTANCE OF FAMILY PLANNING AMONG THE ADOLESCENT IN SURELERE LOCAL GOVERNMENT, LAGOS STATE
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.1 Background of the Study
1.2 Research Question
1.3 Research Hypothesis
1.4 Purpose of the Study
1.5 Statement of Problem
1.6 Significance of the Study
1.7 Definition of Terms
2.2 Supporting Organization
2.4 Family Planning Methods
2.5 Benefit of Family Planning
2.7 Side Effects
2.8 Route of Administration
3.1 Research Design
3.2 Population/Universe of Study
3.3 Sampling Techniques
3.4 Research Instrument and Validation
3.5 Collection of Data
3.6 Methods of Statistical Presentation
5.2 Factors Influencing the Use of Family Planning Clinic
5.4 Suggestion for Future Studies
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The use of contraceptive dates to many years ago before acceptance of western education by most communities in Nigeria.
Their adoption is to check population growth which is in line with one of the goals of national family planning control programmes.
In Nigeria the use of family planning control methods among our grand parent are majorly traditional in practicality, among these methods.
1. Prolong Breast Feeding
2. Abere (scarification band) usually worn by woman
3. Commotional both also used by the women.
4. Abstinence which could be intermittent
5. Natural family planning
However, the use of modern family-planning control methods which are majorly synthesized hormonal-drugs, barrier substances like intra-uterine contraceptive Device “IUCD”, condoms, spermicides etc, have adopted worldwide to promote family health demographic goals by spacing and preventing birth. To complement this range of technology methods, new and innovative public sector system of contraceptives, delivery system such as community-based distribution new work and subsidized commercial distribution have emerged in many communities.
(HUTCHINGS, JANE, SAUNDER 1985)
In Nigeria, most of these modern techniques/methods are directed at women. Hence, choosing of family-planning method depend largely on the women. But she is expected to consult her husband who most of the time disagrees with most of the methods that will prevent enjoying sexual relationship. In desperation most women go to family-planning clinics presenting another man as their husband or present fake letters of use of the family-planning methods without the knowledge of the husband. Hence, the usage of methods that will prevent her from getting unwanted pregnancy.
From the above, it can be deduced that most Nigeria men have always being hindrance in the usage of contraceptive methods that will prevent them from attaining optimum sexual satisfaction. This is with the believe that sexual activities cannot be natural as possible using any of barrier methods of contraceptive e.g condom.
In addition to the above, due to educational pursuit, it had been found that family-planning played an active part in the embracement of family planning methods by mort adolescents in our local communities. Though, it was not initially meant for adolescent, yet thousands of them have adopted one method or the other without proper counseling by trained and experienced family-planning providers who would have being in the best position to recommend the correct method good for individuals of pre-marital status.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
In the research attempt shall be made to find answer to the following question.
· Does education create family planning service?
· Does family planning help in appropriate of contraception for adolescent that are sexually active?
· Does family planning improve the attitude of people in the society?
· Does family planning improve the socio-economic status of the people?
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
H0: Education does not crease family planning service.
H1: Education crease family planning service.
H0: Family planning does not help in appropriate of contraceptive for adolescent that are sexually active.
H1: Family planning help in appropriate of contraceptive for adolescent that are sexually active
H0: Family planning does not improve socio-economic status of the people.
H1: Family planning improve socio-economic status of the people.
1.4 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
1. To identify adolescent attitude towards family-planning methods.
2. To find out the role of education towards family planning services.
3. To make available the appropriate method of contraception for adolescent that are sexually active.
4. To improve the socio-economic status of the people, the development of the nation as a whole.
1.5 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
In our recent society, family planning has cocate good knowledge among family and it’s has also bring day to day understanding among many family in our society.
Among family who doesn’t understand the word family planning or the meaning of family planning, has now become problem facing in our society, looking the word ignorance and illiteracy in our society, many family understand the word family planning but they are ignorant of it, they don’t go to hospital where they can be inform properly on family matters and how they can raise their family, while some family are illiterate.
The level of illiterate in the society should not be over look or emphases in our society with the help of elite in the society passing knowledge information and encouragement and important of family planning to families.
Therefore, this research work aimed at finding answer to question relating to the appraisal of acceptance of family planning among adolescent.
1.8 SIGNIICATINCE OF THE STUDY
Acceptance of family planning or family planning practice can result in improving individuals dedication and how to manage themselves and the family and to prevent, delay or achieve a pregnancy.
Family panning services include counseling and education, preconception care, screening and laboratory test.
With the help of family planning, families learn more on how to live a convenience life and good relationship with the family.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Family is the voluntary and action taken by individuals to prevent delay or achieve a pregnancy. Family planning services include counseling and education, preconception care, screening and laboratory tests, and family planning methods. The risk of serious illness or death resulting from pregnancy is far greater than the risk involved in using any birth control method. Birth control also eliminates the unnecessary need for abortions. Abortions after three months risk the mother’s life and impair her chances of a healthy pregnancy later. This risk is compounded because many abortions are done in secret by unskilled persons in unclean surroundings causing infections and death. Sensible birth control prevents this needless suffering and death.