- COMPENSATION MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE (A STUDY OF PZ CUSSIONS NIGERIA PLC)
- EFFECT OF MANAGEMENT BY OBJECTIVES ON ORGANIZATION PERFORMANCE (A CASE STUDY OF VITAMALT PLC)
- EFFECTS OF PERFORMANCE EVALUATION THROUGH THE ANALYSIS OF FINANCIAL STATEMENT ON INVESTMENT DECISIONS (A CASE STUDY OF LOGMAN NIGERIA PLC.)
- EFFECTS OF LABOUR TURNOVER ON ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE (A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF UNILEVER AND PZ NIGERIA PLS)
- EFFECTS OF THE PRACTICE OF ETHICS AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY OF MANAGEMENT ON THE GOAL ATTAINMENT OF BUSINESS (Focus on Promasidor Nig. Ltd. and Nestle Nig. Plc.)
- IMPACT OF CORPORATE LEVEL MANAGEMENT ON THE EMPLOYEE’S PERFORMANCE (A Case Study of Fidelity Bank Plc.)
- THE EFFICACY OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND COMMUNICATION [ICT] ON ORGANISATIONAL PERFORMANCE (A Case Study of First Bank Nigeria Plc.)
- THE RELEVANCE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) TO THE MANAGEMENT OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA (A Case Study of Card Centre Nigeria Limited )
- EFFECTS OF ORGANIZATION STRUCTURE ON EMPLOYEES PERFORMANCE (A STUDY OF FIRST BANK)
- EFFECTS OF STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT ON PRODUCTIVITY (A case study of U.A.C Foods, Nigeria)
THE EFFECTS OF MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM ON BANK PERFORMANCE
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of Contents v
Chapter One: Introduction
1.0 Introduction 1
1.1 Statement of the Problem 2
1.2 Purpose of the Study 2
1.3 Significance of the Study 2
1.4 Definition of Terms 3
1.5 Limitation of Study 4
2.0 Literature Review 5
2.1 Evaluation of Banks in Nigeria 5
2.2 Manual Operation of Banking 7
2.3 Automation of Banking Operations 7
2.4 Computer Processing Mode 9
2.5 Batch processing 9
2.6 Real-Time Processing 10
2.7 On-Line Processing 10
3.0 Summary 11
3.1 Conclusion 12
3.2 Recommendations 13
The banking sector provides or deals with the production of services to the society and this plays a major role towards achieving development and growth in the economic of a nation. The purpose for the establishment of banks entails that it provides profitable channels for transferring funds from surplus economic growth.
In Nigeria, the banking industry has been in existence for a long period and like any other discipline, it has been affected by the emergence of information technology especially with the computerization of banking operations.
Computers and other management information system have continuously has been used to introduce current and existing revolutionary technical advances. Information technology globally is growing at a very fast pace which has accounted for the increased productivity, efficiency and effective performance of the banking sector.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The fundamental concern of this project is to know how a great number of management of banks have spent huge capital on management information system with a view of achieving the laid down objectives of the banks.
1.2 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
This study will be undertaken to examine the extent to which people have an understanding of management information system and its effect on bank performance and how it enhances job efficiency in the area of mental and physical human resources and also cause increases in service delivery through reduction of time taken to perform various tasks which reduces the cost of labour and improves services quickly. For instances, use of computer.
1.3 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
Considering the fact that over the years the banking sector has been operating manually and the trend of things now is the automate all manual operation through the introduction of management information system especially through computerization. There have been argument for and against the need for computerization in a developing economy in general and in the banking sector in particular.
Therefore, there is need to establish the application of management information system especially computerization and how it can help in solving problems that are beyond human capabilities in the banking sector.
1.4 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Management Information System: This refers to the various modern facilities and technology used for the management of information in order to increase productivity, satisfy customers and the development of the economy.
Data: Raw facts
Bank: An organisation that provides various financial services, safe keeping and lending money.
Systems: Equipment’s e.g. computers, internet facilities
Information Technology: Information technology (IT) can be defined as the acquisition, processing, storage and passing of vocal, doctorial, textural and numerical information by micro based combination of computing and telecommunication.
Customers: People who patronizes the bank.
Industry: Sector of commerce
Processing: Performing series of operation on data in a computer.
Software: The programme used to operate a computer
Hardware: The electronic part of the computer
Computer: An electronic information and also control other machines.
Modern: of the present time
1.5 LIMITATION OF STUDY
This study was focus on the effect on management information system particularly computerization on the productivity of the banking sector. However, the study has a limitation in that the data for the purpose of analysis with bee restricted to only a bank, it activities and the time constraints will also be considered.