- INFLUENCE OF MASS MEDIA AWARENESS TO PROMOTION OF FAMILY PLANNING PRACTICES IN AGEGE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF LAGOS STATE
- AN EVALUATION OF THE ATTITUDE OF STUDENTS TOWARDS TEACHING AND LEARNING OF HEALTH EDUCATION IN LAGOS STATE SCHOOLS
- IMPACT OF EARLY CHILDHOOD CARE AND EDUCATION (ECCE) AND FAMILY BACKGROUND ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF CHILDREN WITHIN THE NIGERIAN SYSTEM
- INFLUENCE OF DEMOGRAPHIC VARIABLES ON THE PERCEPTION OF THE TEACHERS ON THE TEACHING OF HIV/AIDS EDUCATION
- EFFECT OF FORMAL EDUCATION ON NIGERIAN WOMEN’S ATTITUDE TOWARDS FAMILY PLANNING IN LAGOS STATE
- THE EFFECT OF INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY ON EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION DELIVERY
- THE EFFECTIVENESS AND REGULARITY OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES (ICTS) USE AMONG BUSINESS EDUCATION UNDERGRADUATES.
- INFLUENCE OF DEMOGHRAPHIC VARIABLES ON THE PERCEPTION OF SCIENCE TEACHERS TOWARDS THE INCLUSION OF HIV/AIDS EDUCATION IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS
- THE INFLUENCE OF FUNCTIONAL LITERACY ON WOMEN REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH PRACTICES
- THE INFLUENCE OF HUMAN RESOURCES ON STUDENT ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN PUBLIC SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN EDUCATION DISTRICT IV OF LAGOS STATE
THE INFLUENCE OF INFORMATION AND EDUCATION ON THE VALUE OF REASONABLE FAMILY SIZE AMONG ADULTS IN OJOTA HEALTH CENTRE
This project examined the influence of information and education on the value of reasonable family size within special emphasis on adults in Ojota Health Centre, Lagos State. Two Hypothesis were formulated to address the research question. The major research instrument used in the Pearson moments correlation coefficient copies of the Likert scale questionnaire were administered to 240 randomly selected adults in the centre study.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.0 Background of Study
1.2 Statement of Problems
1.3 Purpose of Study
1.4 Research Question
1.5 Statement of Hypothesis
1.6 Delimitation of the Study
1.7 Limitation of the Study
1.8 Significance of the Study
2.1 Concept Of Reasonable Family Size
2.2 Study of effects of family size on children development
3.2 Research Design
3.3 Area of Study
3.5 Sampling and Sampling Procedures
3.6 Instrument and Validation
3.7 Administrative Of Instrument on the Sample
3.8 Statistical Methods Used To Analysis the Data
DATA PRESENTATION, ANALYSIS AND FINDINGS
4.1 Analysis of Personal Data
SUMMARY, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION
5.3 Implication for Counselling.
1.0 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Education has been singled out as a major Key to development, particularly because it opens up other opportunities and options for the development of the human potential which in turn lead to more productive life.
The need for adequate planning for ones life cannot be over emphasised. A Parson without a plan for his life in a ship in the high sea without a rudder. An individual person without plans is not likely
To achieve much in life.
How can you makes better plan for your life?
There is no doubt that you can again inspiration to plan for your life if you put into practice some of the witting saying of our elders. I wish to remind you of that popular radio expression. The words of our elders are words of wisdom. If you want to be great, wake up at five. After you are great, you may sleep till seven.
WHAT PLAN DO YOU HAVE FOR YOUR CHILDREN?
As parents, you should understand that one of the most important things that you can bequeath to your children is a xxx and functional education. You should therefore show more concern in your children’s growth and development. You should enforcehoine training and ensure that your words are good citizens. You are expected to ensure that your children have a good start in life by giving them personal core and affection as well as soured education. You should be encouraged to develop good habits. They should be industrious, trendily, accommodating and be willing to be of service to others.
Unlers parents help in planning for the future growth an development of their children, most of our youths will not achieve tangible results, parents are to be involved in the choice of vacant oil for their children. They are to liase with the school to ensure that their children become disciplined citizens.
Given should remember that men of nowdays do not want many woman who are a liability to the family men want woman who can be gainfully employed and who can add to the family budget.
DEFINITION OF SOME CONCEPTS
Family can be described in may ways.
Schiferes (1971) define a human family as group of people tied together by physical factors such as household or by legal bonds such as marriage and adoption. (Kephart (1961) subscribes that family is the institution responsible for biological survival in addition to it procreative role, he adds the family is also the agency chiefly responsible for the child-rearing and child socialization one of the natural things inherent in human beings is marriage, the purpose of which is procreation for the perpetuation of the species. Most marriages are contracted with a view to raising up children Shiffers (1971) asserts that the founders of a family look to the building of family circle though children as the surest means of satisfying their deepest emotional needs and their highest social aspirations.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEMS
Survey across Nigeria indicate that having a large numbers of children can have negative effects on individual development. Brockingtan (1965) dedaren as the size of the family increases, the started diet of the whole family falls. This study was therefore embarked upon to explore the differential effect of adults a family size information and education on the value of reasonable family size.
1.3 PURPOSE OF STUDY
Specifically, this study intend to:
- Study the effects of family size on children development.
- Examine the imperatives of information and education on reasonable family size.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
- Is there any significant infleucne of information and education on the value of reasonable family size.
- Is there any significant influence of information and education on the value of reasonable family size on development.
1.5 STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
Ho1: There will be no significant relationship between adults education and the value of reasonable family size.
Ho1: That there will be no significant relationship between adults education and family planning.
1.6 DELIMITATION OF THE STUDY
This study will cover the analysis of adults education and the value of reasonable family. It will be restricted to Ojota Health Centre, Ojota area Lagos-State due time and financial constraints.
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The respondents has the opportunity to interact with each other, therefore, it gives the opportunity to affect the accuracy of the data supplied, furthermore, the researchers also contended with problem of inadequate finance and time.
1.8 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
It is hoped that this study will sanitize adults on the need to pay adequate attention on the value of reasonable family size. This study will also serve as a xxxxxxx point for researchers in the field of education. It is also hoped that their study will enlightens scholars and broader their knowledge based on the subject matter.
This study will be also sensitize adults generally that parenting is not about financing children’s education but the needs lave regular attention for them.